Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I raced for life in Richmond

Ok, it's been a while since I last posted but we've been madly busy in the office so had to focus on the job in hand. However, that didn't stop me from watching the Glastonbury coverage on the TV and online over the weekend (even with the mud, I wanted to be there). And I also did my bit for charidee by getting involved in the Race for Life for Cancer Research UK. I've been volunteering at the race events for the last year or so with Ladies Circle London and it has been great fun handing out goodie bags and medals to the runners as well as selling pink bands, caps and t-shirts to raise money. But this year, I thought I'd take the plunge and run myself and I managed to run/walk the 5k in 37 minutes. And not having done any training, I was very pleased with that. If you'd like to give me some money for this, then please either contact me directly or go to my sponsorship page and don't forget to Gift Aid any donation. Not all our sponsor money is on the site, but it looks like we've come close to raising our target.

And as if that isn't enough, I'm down to run the British 10k run on Sunday. This time I'm running for Clubs for Young People. And it's on hard pavement around the streets of London and it's twice the distance as Race for Life. Let's hope my legs and feet are up to the job. Unfortunately they're not so webby wise at CYP so if you'd like to sponsor me for that, then please contact me via email - helen at beepmarketing dot com. All donations very gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.