Monday, January 30, 2006

Tom Baker is Britain's Voice of Text

Little Britain and former Doctor Who star, Tom Baker, is to become the voice of BT's text to voice service. From the end of January 2006, Tom will be the voice you hear when you send a text message to a landline. It seems he took 11 days to record all possible sounds in the English language and he'll even be able to translate "gr8" to "great" and "xx" to "kiss kiss" and "xxxx" to 'lots of kisses'.

Via BrandRepublic.
The image is of Tom Baker in his Dr Who days from The Official Tom Baker website.

3 comments:

  1. That pic is how he looked when he came to do a book signing in Bromsgrove (about 1976) - I still have my copy of Dr Who and the Auton Invasion signed "To Lloyd, from the Who-man, Tom Baker" v. proud.

    I remember the toddler next to me in the queue having hysterics because he'd thought that Dr Who was a puppet, like Captain Scarlet, and here he was, real and reaching out to shake his hand...

    File this under things my kids just don't believe that their dad has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous Lloyd! That's a great memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 pm GMT

    How cool is that! I can send 'Little Britain' voice overs to friends!

    "Britain, Britain, Britain, land of technological achievement. We've had running water for over ten years, an underground tunnel that links us to Peru, and we invented the cat,"

    Love that programme!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.