Saturday, April 22, 2006

Tuesday 25th April is free ice-cream day

In selected scoop shops across the UK -- and around the world -- ice cream lovers can enjoy a free cup or cone of their favourite chunky funky flavour courtesy of Ben & Jerry's.

Free Cone Day started when the original Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shop in Burlington, Vermont decided to say ‘thank you’ to customers for their support during Ben & Jerry’s first year in business. And they’re still doing it.

Unfortunately, I'll be nowhere near one of the London outlets on Tuesday 25/4/06. But maybe you will be. The London outlets are Leicester Square, Oxford Street, The Tower and The Strand. Have a cone for me!

3 comments:

  1. Where where where???

    I work on the Strand and I haven't seen it - where oh where oh where? My entire office demands to know. Please tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit late I'm afraid, but it seems that Ben & Jerry's is at number 456 on the Strand - info here: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1164/30208.php

    Hope you managed to find it! I was stuck in Chelsea today so was nowhere near a B&J joint :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pants, I missed it. It was in the internet cafe, cleverly disguised! I lived in Chelsea last year and I'm sorry to say that there was a Ben & Jerry's tucked away in a subway near a the Virgin megastore in King's Road. Looks like we both missed out. Curse there icecream!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.