Friday, April 13, 2007

Do you twitter?

If so, you might want to check out some best practice rules for twittering. I'm not sure I agree with them all... lots of us just use twitter for the social side of things and to keep our friends up to date with what we're up to, which is often as mundane as 'isn't it a lovely day today' or 'enjoying lunch'. However, once you're into it this so-called nano-blogging, it can be quite addictive and it is a nice way of keeping up with your mates. There are celebrity bloggers out there (Robert Scoble being one), then they attract a different kind of following who are interested in their pearls of wisdom as opposed to knowing what they're eating for lunch. I do wish they'd sort their wap service out though... it just doesn't work properly on Opera Mini on a Nokia N70 on T-Mobile UK.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 pm BST

    Hi Helen,

    Try this Twitter Java app on your N70.

    http://www.paxmodept.com/telesto/blogitem.htm?id=266

    Regards,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Jason. I've downloaded it and it seems to be working just fine. It would be nice to see my friends pix on there, but at least it's a way to keep up to date with twitter and to add your own twitters outside of SMS from your mobile. Keeps the cost down for me (not that it's a huge issue, but it will be to some folks) as I'm on an all-you-can-eat data plan with t-mobile (well, unless I suddenly decide to start watching telly on my phone that is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:16 pm BST

    Thanks Helen. We will add in pix as a feature in the next version. Thanks for the blog post about the app.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to my post on "rules for effective twittering".

    Keep in mind that I am speaking primarily to business, professionals, and marketers.

    I'm not advocating that tweets (Twitter messages), or nano-blogging, be always content rich, relevant to a wide audience, or linking to valuable sites.

    The status update apps of Twitter are very good, especially for disasters like university massacres, tornados, and other unexplainable tragedies.

    Keeping in brief, easy contact with loved ones, family, friends, co-workers is a positive way to enjoy Twitter.

    ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.