Friday, August 05, 2005

Regent Street Shocker!

I was up in central London yesterday for a meeting and before heading back to the office I thought I'd have a mooch round my favourite shops. Now I'm already gutted that Dickins & Jones is closing down. It's my favourite department store and has a character all of its own and I spend a lot of money there. I understand the commercial rationale behind the closure, but I was nevertheless hugely disappointed at the news.

And then, I was about to nip into Laura Ashley, another of my favourite stores to see what they had in the sale. I bought a lovely blouse there recently and I love the fabrics (I'm a bit of a whizz with a sewing machine and have a cupboard full of Laura Ashley fabrics from the 80s). And that had closed down too! Somehow I'd missed the news. Double gutted :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.